Welcome to the start of your child’s enrollment at Wai’alae School ! We look forward to having you and your family be a part of our Wai’alae community.
This year we are using an online registration system to capture all registration information for your child. Before you begin to fill out the online registration form, you may want to have these documents in a CLEAR/LEGIBLE DIGITAL FORMAT ready as you will be asked to upload them during the process:
- Proof of Student Age Document (all students): Certified government-issued birth certificate (please be sure to upload both the front and back pages of the birth certificate)
- Additional Proof of Student Age Document for Students Entering Grades 1 through 5: Release form from the school that your child is currently attending
- Photo Identification of Parent/Guardian: Valid driver’s license or State of Hawaii identification card
- Two Proof of Residency Documents (for in-district registrants): Acceptable documents include mortgage statement, property deed, real property tax assessment statement, lease agreement, utility bill for a service that is provided to the address (cellular phone bills are NOT acceptable); documents must show parent/guardian name and address; if you are unable to produce any of these documents because you are living with another family member who owns or rents the residence, download this form – WS – Residence Verification Form – please have the family member complete this form and get it notarized
- Any Additional Legal Documents: Please have available any legal documents (pertaining to your child’s enrollment and/or your child) that our school should have on file, e.g. court-issued child custodial documents, temporary restraining orders
Additionally, you may begin the registration process without having the following documents available, but your child’s enrollment will not be finalized (and your child will not be able to attend school) until these forms have been submitted:
- Student Health Requirement for School Enrollment: Student Health Record (Form 14) – students must fulfill the Department of Health’s requirements for school enrollment or the student’s participation in school activities will be restricted; form must be completed by a licensed physician; you may provide us with a copy of the Form 14 that your child’s current school has on file; if you need obtain a Form 14, you may download a copy by clicking here: Student Health Record (Form 14)
- Student Health Requirement for School Enrollment: Tuberculosis (TB) Clearance – all students who are enrolling in a Hawaii public school for the first time must provide proof of a recent TB clearance; for a listing of State of Hawaii TB testing locations that offer free TB testing (as of October 2016), click here: https://health.hawaii.gov/tb/files/2016/10/TST-Clinic-Schedule-10.04.16-1.pdf
If, for any reason, you are unable to complete the online registration process, please visit our Wai’alae School Office for assistance. Please remember to bring the required documents with you. Our office hours are:
Monday through Thursday – 7:30am to 4:00pm
Friday – 7:30am to 11:30am, 12:30pm to 4:00pm
We are closed on all state and federal holidays.
If you have any questions or have problems during the online registration process, please contact Mrs. Melanie Sumida, Family Outreach Advisor & Community Liaison, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 733-4880, extension 227.
To find our online registration form, please go back to the “REGISTRATION” tab above and hover over it with the cursor to reveal the drop-down menu. Select “Registration Form” to be taken to our online registration system.
For detailed information about our admissions process, please visit: http://www.waialae.edu/admissions-and-enrollment/
If you have any questions regarding enrolling a student, please contact the Wai’alae School Office at 733-4880.